This policy sets out how any personal data which we obtain from you or which you give us will be processed. Please review this policy carefully to understand our policies on your personal data and how we use it. By visiting www.shepherdsbarber.co.uk you consent and accept our policies as described here.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is D & V 15 LTD, Piccadilly Arcade, Birmingham, B2 4HD.
INFORMATION WE MAY RETAIN / WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may retain and process the following data about you:
- Information we may collect about you. We may automatically collect the following information on your visit to our site:
- Information which is technical in nature, such as the internet protocol (IP) address that you use to connect to the internet, your browser type and version, type of plug in used, operating system, platform, time zone.
- Information relating to your visit such as the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) followed, products you have viewed, searched for, length of site visit on certain pages, methods used to browse away from the page and any number used to call our customer services.
- Information that we may receive from other sources.
- We could receive information from third parties that we work with about you (e.g. credit reference agencies, business partners, delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers etc). We may also receive information about you if you use any other websites that we may operate.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the order form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we will be provided with from other sources.
We could combine this information with information you may give to us and information we may collect about you. We may use this information and a combination of information for the purpose described in detail above.
It is possible that we may share personal information with any other members of our group.; This includes our subsidiaries, holding companies or other companies as described by 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may also share your information with other selected third parties, such as
- Suppliers, business partners, subcontractors or anyone else necessary for the performance of any contract we enter into.
- Networks of advertisers or advertising companies that may require the information to serve adverts of relevance to you.
- Search engine providers and analytics operators that assist us to optimise our site.
- Credit reference agencies if necessary to assess your credit score.
WHERE WE MAY RETAIN YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The information that we obtain from you may be kept and/or transferred to an area outside of the European Economic Area (‘EEA’) and may also be processed outside of this area. By submitting your personal data you agree to this storage, transfer or processing. We will do all that we reasonably can to make sure that your information is treated in accordance with this policy.
In circumstances where we may have given you or that you have chosen a password which may allow you to access different areas of our site then it is your responsibility to keep this confidential and secure.
Whilst we will do our best to protect your personal data, transmission via the internet is not absolutely secure and we are not able to guarantee your security. Any submission or transfer of data is at your own risk.
You may ask us not to use your personal information for the purpose of marketing. In most cases we would expect to inform you before we receive your data if we intend to use it for the purpose of marketing. You are able to ask us not to use your data for this purpose by ticking certain boxes. You can also exercise this right by writing to us at: D & V 15 LTD, Piccadilly Arcade, Birmingham, B2 4HD.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Act allows you to obtain access to the information that is held about you. You may exercise this right by making a request. This is subject to a charge of £10.00, which is to cover our costs in providing you with this information.
Any variations to this policy will be added onto this page or if it is considered to be appropriate sent to you by e-mail. Please refer to this page to see any changes.
Any questions or comments may be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEBSITE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
This acceptable use policy describes the terms between you and us under which you are allowed to access our website www.shepherdsbarber.co.uk. This acceptable use policy applies to all visitors to and users of our website.
Your use of our website means that you agree to abide by and accept all the policies in this acceptable use policy, which supplement our terms of website use.
www.shepherdsbarber.co.uk is a site operated by Shepherds. We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10646094 and we have our registered office D & V 15 LTD, Piccadilly Arcade, New Street, Birmingham, B2 4H, which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 285016309.
PROHIBITED USES OF OUR WEBSITE
You may use our website for lawful purposes only. You are not permitted to use our website:
- In any way that is in breach of any applicable national, international or local law or regulation.
- In any way that is fraudulent or unlawful, or has any fraudulent or unlawful purpose or effect.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unauthorised or unsolicited promotional material or advertising or any other form of similar solicitation (commonly known as ‘spam’).
- To knowingly receive, send, download, upload, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our standards of content which are set out further in this acceptable use policy.
- For the purpose of attempting to harm or harming any minors in any way.
- To knowingly transmit any data or send or upload any material that contains Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, viruses, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code which is designed to adversely affect the correct operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to duplicate, reproduce, copy or re-sell any part of our website in contravention of our terms of website use.
- Not (without authority) to access, interfere with, disrupt or damage:
- any section or part of our website;
- any network or equipment on which our website is stored;
- any software which is used in the provision of our website; or
- any network or software or equipment which is owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide services which are interactive on our website, which may include, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
- E-learning courses (interactive services).
Where we provide any type of interactive service, we will also provide you with clear information to you setting out the kind of service offered, whether it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (such as, for example whether it is technical or human).
We will make our best efforts to consider and assess any possible risks that exist for users (and in particular, for minors) from third parties when they use any of the interactive services which are provided on our website, and we will consider in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation it is appropriate to use) taking account of those risks. However, we are not under any obligation to monitor, oversee or moderate any particular interactive service which we provide on our website, and we expressly exclude our liability for any damage or loss which arises from the use of any particular interactive service by a user which is in contravention of our standards of content, whether the service is moderated or not.
The use of our services which are interactive by any child is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their online safety, as moderation is not fool-proof. Children who use any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
Where we moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a way of contacting the moderator, should any particular concern or difficulty arise.
STANDARDS OF CONTENT
These standards of content apply to all and any material which you contribute to our website (contributions), and to any interactive services which are associated with it. You must ensure that you comply with the spirit and the letter of the standards, which are set out below. The standards apply to the whole of each contribution as well as any part.
- Ensure that they are accurate (where they include facts).
- Ensure that they are genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in the UK together with any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is in any way defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is offensive, hateful, inflammatory or obscene.
- Promote or encourage sexually explicit material.
- Promote or encourage violence.
- Promote or encourage discrimination based on sex, race, nationality, religion, disability, age or sexual orientation.
- Infringe any database right, trade mark of any other person or copyright.
- Be likely to deceive anybody.
- Be made in breach of any duty owed to a third party, including but not limited to a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any activity which is illegal.
- Be threatening, abusive or invade another person’s privacy, or cause distress, annoyance, or inconvenience.
- Be likely to upset, harass, embarrass, annoy or alarm any other person.
- Be used to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person or to impersonate any other person.
- Give the impression (if this is not the case) that they emanate from us.
- Promote, advocate or assist any unlawful act such as (for example only) computer misuse or copyright infringement.
SUSPENSION AND/OR TERMINATION
- Immediate withdrawal of your right to use our website (whether temporary or permanent).
- Immediate removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our website (temporarily or permanently).
- Issue of a warning to you about your conduct.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs we have incurred on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, legal costs and reasonable administrative costs) which result from the breach.
- Further legal action may be taken against you.
- Disclosure of any such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is appropriate and necessary.
We exclude all liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses set out in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem to be appropriate depending on the particular situation.
VARIATION OF THE ACCEPTABLE USE POLICY
We may vary this acceptable use policy at any time by making amendments to this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take note of any changes we make, as such changes are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions which are contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices which are published elsewhere on our website.
TERMS OF WEBSITE USE
PLEASE REVIEW THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE MAKING USE OF THIS SITE
OTHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which describes the allowable uses and prohibited uses of our website. When using our website, you are required to comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
If you buy courses or any other goods from our website, then our Terms and conditions of supply will be applicable to the sales.
INFORMATION ABOUT US
www.shepherdsbarber.co.uk is a site operated by D & V 15 LTD (“We”). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 10646094 and have our registered office at Piccadilly Arcade, New Street, Birmingham, B2 4H, which is also our main trading address. Our VAT number is 285016309.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS
CHANGES TO OUR WEBSITE
We do not provide a guarantee that our website or the content on it will be free from omissions or errors.
We may change the content from time to time. Please note that from time to time some of our website may be out of date and we are under no obligation to update it.
ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE
We are not able to provide a guarantee that our website or its content will always be available. We provide access to our website on a temporary basis and may withdraw, suspend or discontinue our website in whole or in part without notice. We are not liable to you if for any reason our website is not available for any period or at any time.
You have the responsibility to ensure that whoever accesses our website through your internet connection is aware of all applicable terms and conditions, and that they comply with them.
You have the responsibility to make all arrangements necessary in order for you to access to our website.
ACCOUNT AND PASSWORD
If you are provided with or choose a password, identification code or other piece of information as part of our security procedures then you are required to treat that information as confidential and must not disclose it to a third party.
You must promptly notify us at email@example.com if you suspect or know that your password has been obtained by anyone else.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
We are the licensee or owner of all intellectual property rights contained in our website, and the material published on it. The rights to these works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and as such all such rights are reserved to us.
You are permitted to print off one copy, and may download extracts from any page/s contained on our website for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to any content posted on our website.
You must not change the paper or digital copies of any materials which you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not make use of any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any text which accompanies it.
You must always acknowledge our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content.
You must not use any part of the content on our website for any commercial purpose without first obtaining a licence to do so from either ourselves or our licensors.
NO RELIANCE ON CONTENT
The content of our website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain your own professional or specialist advice before taking, or omitting to take, any action on the basis of the contents of our website.
Although we make reasonable efforts to keep the information on our website up to date, we do not make any guarantees, representations or warranties whether express or implied, that the content on our website is complete, accurate or up-to-date.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
To the extent that is permitted by law, we exclude all warranties, conditions, representations or other terms which may apply to our website or any content on it, whether implied or expressed.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage to any user, whether in tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, contract or otherwise, even if such loss or damage was foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- Your use of, or inability to use, our website; or
- Your reliance on or use of any content displayed on our website.
If you are a business user, please note that we will not, in particular, be liable for:
- interruption of business;
- any loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of goodwill, reputation or business opportunity; or
- any consequential or indirect loss or damage.
- loss of sales, business, profits, or revenue;
If you use the website as a consumer, please note that we only provide our website for private and domestic use. You agree that you will not use our website for any business or commercial use, and that we bear no liability to you for any loss of business, business interruption, loss of profit, or loss of business opportunity.
We will not be held liable for any loss or damage which is caused by a virus, distributed denial-of-service attack, or other material that is technologically harmful that may infect your computer programs, computer equipment, data or other material arising out of your use of our website or arising out of your downloading of any content contained on it, or contained on any website which is linked to it.
We are not liable and assume no responsibility for the content of websites which are linked on our website. Such links should not be treated as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be held liable for any damage or loss that may arise out of your use of them.
Different exclusions and limitations of liability will apply to any liability arising as a result of the supply of any courses you use, which will be set out in our Terms and conditions of supply.
UPLOADING CONTENT ONTO OUR WEBSITE
Whenever you make use of any feature that permits you to upload content onto our website, or to make contact with other users of our website, you must ensure that you comply with the standards of content set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You give a warranty that any contribution of this nature complies with those standards, and you will be liable for and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. If you are using the website as a consumer, this means you will be liable for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of this warranty.
Any content that you upload to our website will be considered to be non-proprietary and non-confidential. You retain all of your own ownership rights to your content, but you are required to grant us and any other users of the Site a limited licence to store, use and copy that content and to make it available to third parties and to distribute it.
We also hold the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claims that any content uploaded by you to our website amounts to a violation of their right to privacy or their intellectual property rights.
We will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by you or any other user of our website.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our website if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
The views expressed by other users on our website do not represent our views or values.
We do not give any guarantee that our website will be secure or free from viruses or bugs.
You take responsibility for configuring your computer programmes, information technology, and platform correctly in order to access our website. You should make use of your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our website by knowingly introducing trojans, worms, logic bombs, viruses or other material which is technologically harmful or malicious. You must not attempt to obtain access which is unauthorised to our website, the server on which our website is stored or any server, computer or database which is connected to our website. You must not attack our website via a distributed denial-of service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. If you act in breach of this provision, you would be committing a criminal offence pursuant to the Computer Misuse Act 1990. Any such breach will be reported to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach of the law and of this provision, your right to use our website will cease immediately.
LINKS TO OUR WEBSITE
You may link to our home page on another website, provided that you do so in such a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where this does not exist.
You must not establish a link to our website on any website which you do not own.
You must not create a link to any part of our website other than the home page and our website must not be framed on any other site.
We reserve the right to withdraw this linking permission without notice to you.
The website on which you link to our website must in all respects comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you would like to make any use of content on our website other than that described above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
RESOURCES ON OUR WEBSITE AND THIRD PARTY LINKS
On occasions where our website provides links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are given for your information only.
We do not have any control over the contents of those sites or resources.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
To contact us, please email email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our website.